At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Long Lasting Love

Behing stained glass windows this morning I sang what a friend we have in Jesus led by a little old lady with a lovely falseto voice. It reminded me of the little old churches in the mountains of NY. I was one of 5 people without grey hair. Then one of the most seriously uplifting and charming things I've ever experienced happened. The pastor asked for prayer requests and praises. When Miriam stood up slowly and with a quiet voice obviously stunted by a stroke she said, "I want to praise God for my husband I love him." AT this the thin pale elderly man next her turned 3 shades of pink smiled wide and broke out into a deep hearty laugh. It was contagious and soon the somber little curch was struck by the giggles. He softly took her hand and helped her sit down as we all beamed. You could see the flirt in his eyes!

So I just have to join Miriam in praising the Lord for such a long lasting and wonderful couple. I want to be them!

I also have to say yeah for United Grace Methodist church for providing me with my second photo story. I'm going to be working with the pastor and few other visiting American missionaries to do a free dental medical clinic for those just across the border. I'm free to photograph that and all the other small things the church does for those in need in Mexico. They cross over almost daily to bring food and medical supplies. God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home