At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Friday, January 14, 2005

I love AZ

To anyone wondering about me I'm doing great. I've got an apartment in Douglas AZ until Feb. 22. I'm charmed out of my mind by these southern AZ mining towns. The old western buildings, the freaking friendly helpful people, and the fact that there is a mega walmart in the middle of all of it. I'm caught between past and present. I drove up to Bisbee last night to go grocery shopping and I swear it is straight out of a movie set. I'm going to write a whole blog on Bisbee next time I go up there because I think I'm in LOVE! The only problems I'm experiencing have to do with my cell phone. I'm so close to the border ATT thinks I'm in Mexico. So I had to get a pay as you go trac phone for the month. I should be recieving my new phone # within the next few hours. Please don't call me on my old line because the international roaming charges are a kick in the butt.

As far as friendly people go the first day I got here I was driving around looking for apartments. I stopped at a building to look for the rental office when a tenant parked next to me got out of his car and asked me if I needed help. He ended driving all over town while I followed him and showed me every rental in the city who owned it and how much they cost. Just to be nice. He'd been apartment hunting the month before and new all the great places. He even let me use his phone to call the landlords. Then I went to the post office and the postman immediately siad, "You're not from around here are you? Where are you from?" as he shook my hand. I can't believe he either knows the whole town or a stick out that badly. But he proceeded to welcome me to Douglas with excitement. Just a few examples of the niceness everywhere.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger MalaBOOYAH said…

    Nice, Chrissy! Good to know that you made it okay and got settled. Good luck the next month and a half on your story! Real World is awesome. Bentley is sweet instructor. Anyhow, keep in touch.

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger Tom said…

    Crazy...I used to live in Douglas. Just north of Douglas actually, at the intersection of the highway and a little dirt road that somehow was considered a town. You probably drove right past it on your way to Bisbee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home