At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I'm sitting here thinking about motivation tonight. Trying to pick apart where my motivation or lack there of comes from. I think apathy is the devils best friend. Its not a new idea. We've all heard that idle hands are the devils playground. I'm starting to literally hear the battle in my head lately. As I get out of bed and reset my alarm a little voice says one more hour won't hurt anyone. As I switch on the tv I rationalize I'll just watch part of a show while I eat but I end up sitting there for hours. As I keep putting off my homework and the photos I could be taking. Something inside me wants to be great. To live up to my full potenial again. I know I'm capable of functioning on 6 hours of sleep. I know I'm capable of running 5 miles. I know I'm capable of performing on stage. I know I'm capable of taking amazing photos. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Only I guess I don't have enough faith to claim that promise because somehow I'm letting Satan lure me into apathy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home