At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Monday, January 27, 2003

Yesterday I was driving through a rough part area in Hollywood when a cop put his hand out of his car in a stop like motion. So I stopped. He then proceeded to open his car door hide behind it and aim his gun in the opposite direction. I looked in front of me and there was a man getting out of a red truck aiming his gun at the officer who just happened to be directly 10 ft in front of me. So pretty much he was aiming at me too. There was nothing I could do but duck my head down below the dashboard while the officer yelled at him to put down his weapon and put his hands above his head. I wasn't quite sure if I had stumbled onto a movie set or a taping of cops...... bad boys bad boys what cha gonna do.... But eventually they slammed the guy onto the hood of his truck and cuffed him. I think I just might take fire a gun off my list of 100 things to do before I die. I know there are responsible people out there but its the loony ones who ruin it for all you sane people. I'm now totally anti-gun. I've never been shot at but my Mom, Dad and little brother have been robbed at gun point. I've had to duck in fear of being shot. It's just not worth it.

I recommend you all see an independent film called bowling for columbine if you haven't already. Great movie. Oh and I also rented another independent movie called 10 tiny little love stories. Boys if you can sit through it (yes it gets long) you will come out the other end with a greater understanding of women, no lying. There is also some superb acting in there. #9 being my favorite. Speaking of acting. I've decided that Dan won my contest. He posted his monologues on his website. But true to my word I'm going to advertise his website in my school newspaper. I'll put a link up to the online version as soon as it comes out. Thanks Dan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home