At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Monday, January 13, 2003

I was talking to Dan ealier today about our old journals and I came up with an idea. I'm calling it retro blog. Here is what I wrote in my journal On January 13 1997 I was 15 years old. This was written in my dorm room at Rift Valley Academy in Kijabe Kenya. Anything in brackets I added in today to help you understand.

We went to the fern forest today. It was so cool. I felt like I was on vacation in the rainforest. Fiona and I tried to catch frogs, and we got left behind. We had to run for a while to catch up. I was falling asleep in AIC (Sunday morning church service in Swahili). Miss Tuten (my math teacher with an unfortunate name) had some friends along and this one guy kind of took a liking to her (we used to love playing matchmaker with our teachers). I thought he was kind of a cutey too. If I were older. Jon's back(my crush at that point in life came back from spending the weekend at home with his family). I said hi to him and mike. I helped Nikki (my current roomate) study for her bio test, and I hope she does well. She's really trying. I'm almost done with Great Expectations. I built the fire tonight because I'm so sick of cold water(we had to build and stoke the fire at night to have warm water to shower with in the morning) . It took me almost an hour so I hope its hot in the morning.

My life has really changed since then...... I sure miss stoking the furnace at night though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home