At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Wednesday, January 22, 2003

It's been a while since I've seen my parents but I sure do love him. Today I was so proud of my father because even though he is in his mid 50's he is still willing to change. I'm proud of him because his character is not static and he allows God to mold him. So here is the email he sent me that made me cry. Who could ask for a better earthly father?

Dear Christina,
Here is my first attempt to keep regular weekly contact with you. I am having a very good time trying to get going here in Uganda. It was really special to hear your voice on the phone. As I said to you earlier we have decided that no matter what we will be back for our Silver Anniversary. We can't celebrate without you, Mark, and Liz being there as well.
There is so much that I would like to talk with you about but I will limit myself to talking about this past weekend. Our AIM conference speakers were Johnney and Becky Long from Sonship for Africa. God really did a wonderful thing during this time. It wasn't a "conference high" or such related kind of experience but it was God bringing together almost 35 years of experience as a Christian (mostly a failed 35 years) into a turn around. Simply I found for myself that I am a great sinner, and every day I am assured that I have an even Greater Savior!! I have lived so much of my life as a "victom," I have as a result never really been able to love truly with the Love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
You have been the most wonderful daughter and I am so, so proud of you. There have been numerous times that I have not showed you the parental and fatherly affirmation that you have needed or deserved. I often am brought back to your graduation at RVA when I did not get excited with you about your Best Actress Award. I really ask your forgiveness for being not only unloving and unaffirming but also for being down right stupid and wrong about the fact that you were the best actress and richly desirved that award. So will you forgive me? Can we be excited together now?
Anyway I have more to say and we will talk weekly (by the grace of God) about anything that comes.
Much Love and Grace to you,
You Daddy (1 Tim 1:15-17)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home