At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Monday, December 16, 2002

In my ongoing endevour to better myself I made a list about 4 years ago of 100 things I have to do before I die. Well actually I've only come up with 69 so far. Interesting number..... I'm leaving 69-100 for when I'm older. I'm sure they'll be some new stuff out by then like a weekend vacation to mars or something. But here are 1-69 soon to become a permanent feature on this blog. I have accomplished the ones in bold Italics(I couldn't get the strike through to work).

1. Go White water rafting on the Nile
2. Audition for a professional play or film 
3. Write my own screenplay
4. Organize all my poetry into one book
5. Get down to 120 lbs
6. Make my own set of dishes on the pottery wheel (I’ve finished a tea set but that’s not to easy to eat off of)
7. Backpack across Australia
8. Grow closer to God daily (an ongoing struggle)
9. Go scuba diving
10. Bring someone to Christ (has happened in the past but this is an ongoing goal)
11. Celebrate New Years in Time Square
12. Learn another language (that would make 3, parlez vous francais?)
13. Take a tour of the white house (what was I thinking? Some of these are quite old)
14. Attend an awards ceremony i.e./ Grammies, Tonys
15. Go to a Dave Matthews concert
16. Be able to do the splits again (I’m so close…thank you yoga)
17. Get my drivers license
18. Take dance lessons again
19. Go on a short-term missions trip
20. Send my Parents on Vacation
21. Paint a wall or a piece of furniture in my house (when I have my own house)
22. Go to Ibiza
23. Get a full spa treatment
24. Invent an infomercial product (there are big bucks to be made)
25. Read War and Peace
26. Ride in a train
27. Explore the Amazon Rainforest
28. Read the whole Bible 
29. Whiten my teeth
30. Get married (I'm am doubting this one this was a former goal when I was about 18 years old. But since its on the list I may just have to get hitched anyway)
31. Have a baby (also doubts)
32. Float in the Dead Sea
33. Stay a night in a castle (a real castle… I’m talking a bit creepy cold and stone somewhere in Ireland or something.)
34. Go to Mardi gras
35. Get a strictly volunteer job
36. Draw a self-portrait
37. See the inside of the Sistine Chapel ( I was formerly deprived by a gypsy stealing my dad's wallet, we spent the day in the policia station)
38. Snorkel the Barrier Reef
39. Eat frog legs (they really do taste like chicken… soft squishy chicken)
40. Go on a roller coaster (I’m proud to announce I’m almost over my fear of coasters I’ve been on 6 coasters since I wrote that goal! Count them 6!)
41. Kiss someone on New Years Eve
42. Play in a room full of balloons (It just sounds fun)
43. Spend an entire week alone (preferably somewhere beautiful like on top of a mountain, I haven't chosen the mountain yet)
44. Be in a movie as an extra or an actress (watch for the up and coming Charlie’s Angels 2 or Freaky Friday)
45. Go snow skiing or snowboarding
46. Live through a natural disaster i.e./ earthquake, flood (Seattle earthquake 2001)
47. See the Hollywood sign
48. Finish my rainbow brite collection (I'm a die hard fan)
49. Track gorillas in the wild (hi my name is Jane goodall)
50. Get my bachelors degree 
51. Learn to water ski (I can never stay up for longer than 10 seconds)
52. Fire a gun
53. Have a piece published in a magazine
54. Take Ben and his best friend on a vacation (that would be my little brother)
55. Kiss a boy with a tongue ring
56. Go to a rave
57. Turn off my TV for a month (movies included)
58. Frame a photograph I took
59. Ride in a hot air balloon
60. Take a cruise
61. Go rock climbing (done the repelling part but I need more upper body strength)
62. Got to South Africa
63. Dance in bubbles ( you know those clubs where they fill it full of foam?)
64. Join the screen actor’s guild
65. Eat dog (I really hate dogs but I bet they'd taste good)
66. Be a virgin until I get married
67. Mentor a child
68. Go parasailing
69. There is one thing I've omitted from my list that I'm wholly embarrassed to admit.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home