At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Thursday, December 12, 2002

I just payed all my bills and once again I can't help but feel cheated. I had money and now its gone. I really don't like this system we've got going on in America. Seriously when you write a check they take money out of your bank account. What's up with that. It's just a little piece of paper with your signature on it. If anyone who doesn't know me is reading this I work for a casting agency called central casting. You might have seen me on Scrubs? ER? The Division? No? Well I'm the one in the backgroud who never says anything and looks really generic so you could have overlooked me pretty easily. I got rejected by the West Wing and Crossing Jordan today so that was fun. That means I get to make $0 tomorrow and I feel rejected. On a way happier note I got to talk to my mom today. This doesn't happen to often because my family lives in Uganda. I could hear all the birds in the background because it was sunrise over there when she called. It's crazy my mom is such a bird watcher I could recognize the birds just by hearing their voices. I couldn't stop smiling picturing her sitting in our living room in Uganda watching the sun come up and looking for new birds with her binoculars in hand. I imagined the rickety treehouse in the backyard that my little brother and I tried to build over the summer and I was picturing him still in bed all fuzzy and warm looking with creases in his dirty face. Now I'm picturing my Dad who has to sleep with a breathing machine hooked up to his face so he won't drive my mom insane with his snoring. He looks like a paranoid american afraid of bio-terrorists when he sleeps. I miss my family so much. It's amazing how just the sound of Ugandan birds at sunrise conjures up so many memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home