At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Give your parents a huge hug if you can and tell them you love them. I'm jealous of all you who can spend weekends or holidays or everyday at home. I didn't realize how much I missed having a family until yesterday. For the first time in 3 years I was surrounded by a huge family group, not my own, but a large family. I went to my youth pastors bbq after church where extended family and children abounded. I fought back tears the entire time remembering what it was like to be surronded by parents and brothers and grandparents, cousins and long time friends just shooting the breeze and loving each other.
I have no desire to start my own family but I sure do miss the one I already belong to. I haven't really lived with my family since I was in the 8th grade (boarding school) and its strange how all my friends are fighting to grow up and I'm fighting time wishing I could go in reverse. I sympathize with Micheal Jackson minus the lusting after children part. But neverland Ranch sounds good. I wish I could wake up in the room I shared with my little brother and laugh at my mom as she sits outside watching birds at dawn. I wish I was still a member of the mountain goat club Dad, Mark and I formed when we were 5 and 6.
I'm happy with who I am. I'm not scared to be alone. But something inside me is craving to belong again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home