At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Friday, March 07, 2003

It's a catch 22. In my ignorance I'm begging God for Wisdom.

Today began as a shallow day. Ever have one of those? My journalism advisor asked us if we thought the school should do more to celebrate Ceaser Chavez day. I realized I had not idea who Ceaser Chavez was and I couldn't care less. The man has his own holiday for petes sake and I can't remember hearing his name before. So I politely asked who he was to sound intrested even though I didn't care. The day continued like that. I averted any deep meaningful questions or ideas prefering to think of snuggly teddy bears and counting crows. All day until I drove home from the gym and couldn't find any parking at midnight. So I sat in my car and wrote for a while. Thats when I realized I want wisdom more than anything. Maybe I just got fed up with my lack there of that I went to the other extreme but I really really really want to understand ......... everything...... I know its very ignorant to pray for wisdom. In the Bible it was an overwhelming burden for those whom God actually gave wisdom. Why am I begging for that? If I gained wisdom I'm sure I'd see the depravity of this world to a crushing extreme. ...........eeeeeehhhhhh but its so tempting too. I just don't want to struggle with my feeble mind anymore.

Tug o' War



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home