At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vegetarian?

Following my conscience isn't always fun. I was telling a friend tonight how I'm trying to be a vegetarian to which he replied, "do you eat chocolate?" Well yes I eat chocolate. I love chocolate, in fact I photographed a chocolate tree today and wanted to eat the entire thing. He then tells me that its estimated that as much as 40% of the world chocolate is a product of slavery. Can we say ignorance is bliss! Now I can't eat chocolate either, cruel world.

It gets me wondering how much is the right balance of right and wrong. I could boycott every little pleasure in my life and follow my conscience to a T or I could be luke warm and push the guilt to the back of my mind until its good and burried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home