At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm a homeless carless graduate!

I think transition best describes this point in life. I now have a bachleors degree but the trade off is I no longer have an apartment or a working car. As a graduation gift my engine decided to die in the middle of traffic at LAX aiport. While my parents and brother waited for me at terminal 4 two lovely bike cops helped push me out of traffic and to the side of the road. The bright side is there is no better place to rent a car than LAX aiport.

I was planning to drive to Texas to live with my family right after graduation instead I'm sleeping on Grandma's couch in Cali waiting for a phonecall to say my car has risen from the dead. On the bright side I have had an extended length of time to say goodbye to all my friends on the other side I have had an extended length of time to sit on my butt and wait. Funny how much can change in two weeks. It reminds me of a brilliant poet who once said.

"This is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down. Now I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air (or in my case Grandma's couch)."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home