At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I regret having made fun of workoholics in the past. Apparently I too have a better life at work than I do on my free time. I've been coming home from work at 7:00pm and going to the National Geographic Functions on the weekend making me a bonofide loser. I just straight up love what I'm doing, and there is a gym so I get to go there after my real work is done. Who wouldn't want to hang around and look at great travel pictures, and talk to global nomads. Its not all glamorous. I do have to ship packages, and enter data, but my coworkers have great shared itunes libraries to cover that. I'm so happy I decided to switch schools and majors. Photojournalism rocks.

Praise the Lord it snowed last night. I was starting to think I might leave DC without experiencing a single day of snow. But happily I awoke at 6:30 this morning trudged outside and used my arms as windshield wipers to sweep about 8 inches of snow off my car. After attending a travel writers seminar at the NG building... (I told you I live at work) I photographed the White House in the white snow. It was fun, for today. But for the sake of the flowers that started blooming early, and the leaves starting to bud on the trees maybe we should return to the balmy winter days I've been enjoying. For the sake of the plants that is.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chrissy,

    It's been forever since I last heard from you. I tried posting on this site when you were venting about spammers, but I didn't get a response. I am happy that you are doing so well. I love your photos! They are beautiful! I am really into photography now, I just bought a Canon Digital Rebel XT (EOS 350D) and I am loving it. Crystal and I are doing well and trying to plan a trip to Kenya this summer. Visit my site and leave a comment in the guestbook sometime. Take care,

    Kyle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home