At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Airport


It's finally over... the packing is done, the trash is safely stashed away in a landfill, my cat is being taken care of, I found a place to park my car. My poor father probably slept for 12 hours, and I'm in the Amsterdam airport with an 8 hour layover taking some time to reflect on the last week. The first thing that comes to mind is my Dad. I'm so proud of him. I saw that the tenderest, humblest, and most patient side of my father is winning the battle. My father is a wonderful example of how God has a plan for each of us and he is faithful to bring that plan to completion. I'm also thinking how strange it is that I can go so long without seeing my family but I still feel that same emptyness driving home from the airport with an empty passenger seat. I miss having a family. I miss you Dad. Thank you for loving me enough to spend 2 days lifting couches, and boxes for Lauren and I.

I started editing some of the pictures I took at Paul and Jamie's wedding while I was on the airplane. It seems like a whole other world already. Now I can check photographing a wedding off my list of 100 things to do before I die. I can also check dancing with my friends after the wedding off my list of rocking fun things to do on a Saturday night! What a beautiful Bride

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was so glad you got to put your camera down during the wedding to dance w/ us... so fun! and that wedding pic is great1 hope your having a fruitful time- krista

     

Post a Comment

<< Home