At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Beautiful Bosnia

You can hardly tell there was a war here. Aside from the bullet holes and obvious patches in some buildings the Bosnia before me is a beautiful place. Here Muslims, Orthodox, Jews, and Christians are living side by side. It seems the only people who aren't gettinga fair shake at life here are the Roma. We've been to visit families and Roma camps where the children have never been to school and collect scrap metal for a living. It wouldn't be such a tragedy if I didn't see all around them the people of a growing thriving Bosnia. Pray for the Roma that we'll be taking to camp with us tomorrow for the week. I know God has great plans for the kids and I pray that they'll know the value they have as God's children, and that they get a chance to just be kids and enjoy the water balloons.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Out of curiosity are you implying that Eastern Orthodox Christians aren't Christians?

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger MalaBOOYAH said…

    Glad to know that you're trip over to Bosnia went well, and that you're still blogging! Rock on!

    Sorry that I didn't get your phone call the night you left. My phone was charging and I just had it off till noon when I woke up. Were you able to find a place to download your pictures before you left?

    Your PowerBook rocks! I love it. I think I'll just keep it.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to hear about bosnia and remembering you before daddy. hope that the kids learn more of His love for them, hope you do too.

    ps123
    kyria leisu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home