At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Monday, June 06, 2005

It's been a long time

This Michael Jackson situation is getting out of hand. At first I was a little upset that I wasn't going to be assigned to work at the courthouse for the verdict but what a blessing in disguise that I've been assigned to work in Los Olivos where Jackson's neverland ranch is. Things are crazy at the courthouse and I can see why. You've got hundreds of press photographers and videographers in tiny little pens trying to make pictures of a small group of fans and the few family members who may walk in and out of the courthouse. Its no wonder that they mob anything that moves to try and get the best shot possible. But its my personal opinion that they're acting ridiculous. Today I saw an image of Joe Jackson Michael's father covered in media so much so that he didn't even have a foot of personal space in front of himself to walk. In this image I counted 15 cameras within 6 feet of the poor man. Now this may be tolerated if this was the first time that Joe Jackson had ever shown up at this trial. But he has been at the Santa Maria Courthouse every day of this trial. There are thousands and thousands of images of Joe Jackson walking in and out of the courthouse. Why on this day did the press decide to mob him? They're restless they have nothing to shoot, and they're trying to outdue each other. Its not news that Joe Jackson showed up at the courthouse. The only news is that Press photographers have stupped to acting like the crazy mobs they're usually photographing in war torn countries. So all that to say I'm so thankful I'm working at Neverland Ranch, and the opportunity that it gives me to be humane to the people I'm photographing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home