At home somewhere in this world

Just a place to talk to myself

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Elections

Its election time next month in Tanzania. And happily the giant rallies for the two opposing presidential parties are being held outside my hotel! This is not Republican or Democratic national convention. This is screaming cheering, dancing, partying, drinking rallies. MMMMMMM I don't know what its going to be like but all morning I've been seeing trucks and buses and things brimming with people dressed in yellow and green or red and blue pouring out of the city and to Jambiani the city where I'm staying. And when I say brimming I mean the people are sitting on top of the buses, and packed like sardines into the back of semi trucks. This is going to be a long loud and colorful night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home